Operations and Events Assistant - Full-time internship
We are looking for a dynamic student or recent graduate with entrepreneurial ambitions, a good understanding of startups, startup communities, events and people for a full-time internship with Founders of the Future as Operations and Events Assistant from June 2019 and for a minimum of 3 months.
Your role will be to assist the incumbent Founders of the Future team. You will help on critical aspects of running Founders of the Future, starting with events management and our startup competition The F Factor (which has the support of 10 Downing Street and was recently mentioned in The Times and The Evening Standard).
You will also help implement solutions to improve daily operations and assist the team in a range of tasks focussed on delivering value to the community and its stakeholders.
Founders of the Future launched in 2016 as an invite-only community of entrepreneurial talent. We are expanding our range of activities and growing the (very small) team. This presents an opportunity to join us at the start of our critical growth phase. This role will require the hunger to take on responsibility and the entrepreneurial mindset to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
You will also work closely with members of the other businesses of Founders Forum which include Founders Forum Events (which organizes all FF flagship events), Founders Factory (accelerator and incubator), Founder Keepers (specialist executive search firm), Founders Intelligence (specialist digital consultancy), accelerateHER (centre of excellence for gender equality in tech) and firstminute capital ($100M seed-fund) which all help contribute to Founders of the Future's success.
- Organising and coordinating our event series
- Helping coordinate our startup competition “The F Factor”
- Helping coordinate our hackathons (including handling relationships with our corporate sponsors)
- Helping build template powerpoint decks and proposals for our pitch to prospective stakeholders
- Helping maintain dashboards to make sure we track properly performance and progress
- Autonomy - You are a manager of one, you come up with your own goals and execute them and don’t need heavy direction
- Ability to own and organize an event from A to Z (50 to 300 people)
- Passion for startup communities and people
- Ability to adapt in a fast-moving environment
- Great communication skills and natural networker
- Proven mastery of Powerpoint, Excel and the Google Drive suite
- Versatility (you will learn to do different tasks and to use tools such as photoshop, illustrator, indesign, wordpress etc.)
- Experience organizing events for entrepreneurs or would-be entrepreneurs (ex student societies, startup weekend, etc) is a big plus
- Gross salary: £1,250/month
- Build intimate relationships with a group of the most promising talent in technology
- Be part of shaping and building a new type of organisation supporting the next generation of tech founders
- Learn key insights and skills on what it takes to be an entrepreneur