The F Factor Programme Manager
We are looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial graduate with a deep understanding of startup communities, events and people for a full-time role with Founders of the Future as The F Factor Programme Manager from January 2019.
The F Factor is our yearly UK-wide startup competition to promote entrepreneurship education for students and graduates, with a focus on developing innovative solutions for the World’s most pressing problems. We have the support of 10 Downing Street, The Times and Sunday Times as a media partner and were recently featured in The Times and The Evening Standard.
Your role will be to take ownership of The F Factor programme which includes attracting and managing applicants, delivering events and managing relationships with partners.
You will receive direction and be helped by the incumbent Founders of the Future team, but will eventually be the one ensuring the smooth delivery of the programme.
Founders of the Future launched in 2016 as an invite-only community of entrepreneurial talent. We are expanding our range of activities and growing the (very small) team. This presents an opportunity to join us at the start of our critical growth phase. This role will require the hunger to take on responsibility and the entrepreneurial mindset to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
You will also work closely with members of the other businesses of Founders Forum which include Founders Forum Events (which organizes all FF flagship events), Founders Factory (accelerator and incubator), Founder Keepers (specialist executive search firm), Founders Intelligence (specialist digital consultancy), accelerateHER (centre of excellence for gender equality in tech) and firstminute capital ($100M seed-fund) which all help contribute to Founders of the Future's success.
- Ensuring the Smooth Delivery of The F Factor 2018-2019
- Organise and coordinate The F Factor event series
- Attracting applicants to the programme
- Managing relationship with applicants
- Managing relationships with partners
- Helping to build powerpoint decks and proposals for our pitches to prospective stakeholders
- Suggesting improvements for the The F Factor 2019-2020
- Building the plan for The F Factor 2019-2020
- Autonomy - You are a manager of one, you come up with your own goals and execute them and don’t need heavy direction
- Ability to own and organise an event from A to Z (50 to 300 people)
- Passion for startup communities and people
- Ability to adapt in a fast-moving environment
- Great communication skills and natural networker
- Proven mastery of Powerpoint, Excel and the Google Drive suite
- Versatility (you will learn to do different tasks and to use tools such as photoshop, illustrator, indesign, wordpress etc.)
- Experience organising events for entrepreneurs or would-be entrepreneurs (ex student societies, startup weekend, etc) is a big plus
- Gross salary: £26,000
- Build intimate relationships with a group of the most promising talent in technology
- Be part of shaping and building a new type of organisation supporting the next generation of tech founders
- Learn key insights and skills on what it takes to be an entrepreneur